Before the last update of Instagram, it was nearly impossible to have a verified tag on your profile. The Bluetick was only for selected public figures and brands. There wasn’t an official application process or form to fill out. Basically, you need to have a well-established profile on the platform and have a contact at Instagram who could help.
Then in late August came the update of Instagram with a request option to have a verified account.
In this post, I will tell you how you can apply for verification and some tips to increase your chances of getting the blue tick.
Follow these steps: –
- First of all, open your Instagram
- Navigate to Settings
- Scroll down and you will find a Request Verification option.
- Now, after you click on the option a window will appear
- Enter your name and attach an ID proof like you’re Driving license, Aadhar card, Passport or any other Govt. issued ID.
- Hit Send and wait till Instagram notifies you that they have reviewed your request for a verified badge.
The process to get your account verified is easy but the platform does not guarantee to give everyone the blue tick. As official blog post of Instagram says “every request you send to check whether the profile is authentic and belongs to a notable figure, global brand, entity or celebrity.”
If you didn’t get any notification in 30 days, then re-apply for the verification.
NOTE: – This feature is now available only for iOS, Android users need to wait for some more days.
Some things that should be taken into consideration before expecting to get a verified tag on your Instagram.
First of all, your account should follow Instagram’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
Then your account must also be: –
- Authentic: – You have to be who you say you are. That is, real person, registered business or brand.
- Unique: – If you want your Instagram handle to be verified then your account should have some unique qualities.
- Public: – Your account must be visible to public. Private accounts won’t be verified
- Complete: – You must have a bio, profile photo and at least one post. And your account must contain add me links to other social media accounts.
- Notable: – Your account must “represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand, or entity.
So, these were some tips to get your handle verified. So, what’s your opinion on this? Share your views in the comment’s section.