Google analytics is a free and a popular tool used by every business nowadays to analyze their online performance and to know the problems of the businesses and how to fix them all things can be done through one tool plus it can be added to any website and easiest way to measure your marketing efforts. You can easily study your metrics and learn about your audience what they like and dislike all can be done with help of one tool. Many people use analytics but they only scratch the surface of analytics and don’t know what wonderful outcomes can come through analytics if we know some simple tips and tricks,
Here are some few simple tips and tricks:
- Check for browsers: Google analytics is very advance and it can even tell you:- Which browser your audience is using, a version of the browser, Operating system. If you want to get this data it’s simple to get this just go to Audience> Technology> Browser & OS. Analyzing this will help you in fixing bugs and what problems are being faced while loading the website on a specific browser.
- Adding Google Webmaster Tools: I would recommend you set-up Google webmaster tools they are going to help you a lot. These tools add-ons will help you get information like a Geographical summary, Lead pages etc. Google webmaster tools will give you more advance insights that analytics can’t give you like organic keyword search data, clicks etc. You just have to make an account in google webmaster tools and then integrate it with google analytics.
- Site Speed: Google analytics is very advanced and as we know that web page timing matters a lot in SEO strategy. You can check your site speed in Behavior> Site speed and for an overview of how much time your website takes to load and if you want to know more and go in-depth for individual page timings then you can to Behavior> Site speed> Page timings here you will get all the details how your each page is performing. With this, you can identify the speed of the page individually.
- In-page content analysis: Google analytics will help you analyze in page analysis this will help you a lot once you have used it several times. You can find it in Content> In-page analytics. This feature will display the percentage of clicks from users and this is very helpful in knowing the click rate. This feature will provide you with the detailed graphical representation of data.
- Stop yourself from tracking: You might visit your website several times a day and google analytics will track it so if you don’t want to be tracked by google analytics then you have to a custom filter and it can be set-up under the admin panel> All filters> Add new filter > and set up the filter to remove your IP address from the tracked traffic only for Static IP’s.
These were some tips and tricks that you can use in google analytics. Put them to good use and track your traffic. Also, these tips are not going to make you master in google analytics but these will help you with more advanced analytics. Google Analytics is a very advanced tool you can do wonders if you know how to use this tool properly. Best of luck. Happy analytics.
If you have more then add those tips in the comment section.