In this article, I am going to tell you about incorrect SEO strategies how to detect and correct them.
First of all, let’s know a little bit about SEO. So Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is getting traffic to your website through “organic search” results on your website. In today’s era, every day millions of people use search engines to search for anything they desire to from tickets to popular restaurants and due to this SEO has now become a very complicated but important subject. You burn a lot of precious resources in SEO strategies but you don’t see results as per the resources used and due to this you feel all done was waste of your resources. But no all done was not waste you can correct everything by resolving these common mistakes done by businesses while optimizing SEO results.
Here are some of the mistakes:
- Using the wrong Keywords: This is one of the most common mistakes that I have seen. Keywords is the first basic step that you should focus on cause they are the ultimate source that search engine algorithms look for you will think that it’s difficult to find the right keywords that will work for you but no it’s not that hard you just have to keep in my mind your target audience and then see what are they searching for on search engines. Example Search for “Buy attars now” and “Attars for sale” both keywords will have different things in the minds of the customers and On your part too. It’s your job what get to know what your customers want.
Solution to this mistake: 2018 is the era of tools and you can you use these tools to correct your mistake. Ubersuggest is a free tool developed by Neil Patel or you can use Ahrefs (paid) or you can use a tool developed by Google itself named as Keywords Planner to check which keywords suit you or what are possible keywords you can use to rank higher in search engine results. Use these tools to identify which keywords pop up in the search results and use them for your keyword research and make sure you don’t go for “long-tail” keywords instead go for quality keywords.
Also, you can keep an eye on LSI keyword to rank even higher on google these keywords are at the bottom of the search result.
- Going for Quantity instead of Quality: The worst mistake that a website can make to get into google search results. Your content should not be very short as well as long that people leave your website. This will have a huge impact on your website visitors will start leaving your website and your website will have a high exit rate.
Solution to this mistake: Make a balance between the 2 cause very short and low-quality content is going to rank you low on the search results page as well as long and poor quality content ultimately you have to make a balance between the 2.
- Slow page speed: This is ignored by many of us but it is one of the main reason that your SEO strategy is failing. Page load speed has a lot to do with your SEO results. If you have a slow website, then your website will have a high bounce and exit rate and Google takes your website speed into consideration while producing results. Every second matter when Google ranks your website.
Solution to this mistake: You need to check how much time your website takes to load and you might be thinking how you will do this luckily this is 2018 we got plenty of tools to check our website speed and one of my favorite tool is GTmetrix it’s a very simple tool that can be easily used. The faster your website loads the higher you rank on google.
- Image optimization: Images play a vital role in today’s trends as they create a lot more engagement and attract more visitors to your website. But they can also create a much bigger problem cause search engines cannot see images they can only see text and how it’s related to your post. Those who post images in their posts should focus on image description and on image size. Image size can cause the website to load at longer periods and this will make your website rank lower on the search results page.
Solution to this mistake: You can use Image compression tools to compress image size without losing its quality. Tools such as JPEGmini will help you and they are free and easy to use or you can use the Website speed test tool both of these tools will help you a lot in image optimization.
- Not using Analytics: If you’re not using analytics then you there’s no use of having an amazing SEO strategy cause how you will get to know about the results? How will you Improve? Or fix the exit rate that your page is having? These all things are only possible if you’re analyzing your website. They will help you in solving a problem that might exist.
Solution to this mistake: Integrate Any analytics software in your website and some of most popular is Google Analytics and Hotjar both are amazing in their own way provide results that will help you grow in this process analytics can only help you.
These were some common SEO mistakes that I have seen over the internet many of these tools are free others that are paid are worth it. These tools will help you in making your SEO strategy more effective and in ranking higher in search results. SEO is becoming more and more important day by day keep checking your results and analyzing them and working on them.